Coach operators from East Anglia celebrate national awards success
Coach operators and their staff from East Anglia are celebrating after being named as winners in the 2018 UK Coach Awards. The tenth annual awards were presented before an audience of some 300 people in a glittering ceremony at Viva Blackpool, the resort's stunning Vegas-style venue, on the evening of Thursday 10 May.
Local winners from the East Anglia region were:
- Kirbys Coaches UK & Continental Holidays:
- Winner, Bronze Award, European Coach Travel Programme
- Eastons Holidays:
- Vicki Excel, Kirstie Pike & Ryan Yerrell: Winner, Gold Award, Customer Service Award (Team)
- Chris Smith, Alastair Douglas & Carl Sturman: Winner, Bronze Award, Support Staff Award
- Greys of Ely
- Winner, Gold Award, Top Medium Fleet Operator
- Winner, Silver Award, UK Coach Operator of the Year
- Clare Petrou. Winner, Silver Award, Support Staff Award
The awards were hosted and presented by Carol Kirkwood from BBC Breakfast, a great favourite with the coach industry, who was making her tenth appearance at the ceremony.
Congratulating all the winners, UK Coach Awards chairman John Gilbert said, "Our awards are all about recognising and rewarding excellence at all levels in the industry, amongst all operators, large or small, and in all types of work from express through contracting to coach touring." Awards were presented for high quality operation, and for a range of professional disciplines such marketing, web site design, travel programmes and passenger facilities.
“Coaching is above all a people business,” explained John Gilbert. “In order to deliver the improved quality and high standards that our customers demand, we need to recruit train and retain excellent staff. Recognising and rewarding our people is vital to retaining and motivating them. We at UK Coach Awards aim to do precisely that, which is why we have such an important part to play in the drive for quality and excellence in our industry.”