The UK Coach Awards is the only national awards scheme specifically focus on coach operators and their staff in all types of work.
The awards are designed to recognise and reward excellence and practice and to inspire others to follow the winners' examples.
The scheme is operated and financed by an independent not-for-dividend company, the UK Coach Awards Ltd, a subsidiary of Transport Events Group, an organisation established especially by the UK Bus Awards team of John Owen, Trevor Whelan, Ian Smith, Chris Cheek, Jamie Cash and Michael Anderson to organise and run events on behalf of the public transport industry.
As well as UK Coach Awards, the group is also responsible for the UK Bus Awards, originally founded in 1996 and widely respected for their high standards and independence, whose events are firm favourites in the industry calendar.
UK Coach Awards Mission Statement
To operate a viable, cost-effective Awards Scheme for the UK Coach Industry, maintaining a high quality project which provides
- a forum for positive media coverage of the achievements of the Industry
- a scheme in which best practice, high quality staff and outstanding standards of customer service in the industry can be encouraged and rewarded
- a forum in which examples of best practice can be spread amongst other industry and local authority managers and staff.
Our Vision for the UK Coach Awards
We believe that we will best deliver the Awards Scheme objectives at the right price for the industry by:
- Delivering a professionally run competition, independently and fairly judged
- Providing a forum through which industry best practice can be promulgated and promoted, including the UKCA web site, one or more seminars or training events and other publishing opportunities
- Providing a high-quality Presentation Ceremony that provides a special day for sponsors, stakeholders, winners and finalists
- Devising and delivering a promotional and PR strategy that maximises promotional opportunities for finalists, winners and the wider industry
The vision will best be delivered by:
- Delivering a business that is managed to the highest possible professional standards
- Running a company that both is and is seen to be
- Simple and straightforward
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Presentable and efficient
- Passionate and proud
- Energetic and committed
- Choosing partners and contractors which offer the same standards as UKCA Limited seeks to deliver
- Effectively managing the risks which the business faces
UK Coach Awards Limited: Corporate Goals
- Providing a set of award categories and criteria which deal with important aspects of industry management and promotion
- Ensuring that industry stakeholders have input to, and recognise the importance of, the Awards Scheme as an integral and vital part of the industry
- Ensuring that award scheme entries are judged fairly and objectively against the agreed criteria by independent expert judges
- Providing high-quality events which provide a means of rewarding and spreading industry good practice
- Continuing to deliver the company’s financial objectives of short-term viability, medium term financial stability and repayment of its long term debt.